Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
Think of a time when you or someone you know used informal language in a situation where formal language may have been more appropriate. What happened? Looking back, what could have been said differently, and what did the situation teach you about choosing your words carefully?
Prompt: One situation where my language was less formal than it should've been was when I was discussing something with a teacher. The teacher had made a mistake with my grade, and I sent them a polite email. The email was structured well however some informal language was used. The teacher fixed my grade but they didn't respond as positively as I expected. This taught me the importance of word choice and using formal language in the appropriate scenarios.
Summary: In class today, we examined other groups paragraphs.
Relfection: By reading other writing styles and ideas, I can get a more complete concept of argumentative paragraph. This will help me with future writing and improving my writing style.
Comments
Post a Comment