Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt: One instance where I completed an assignment without fully understanding the rubric was an AP environmental science project. I didn’t quite understand the requirements on the rubric so I had to try and piece together its. Because of this, I had to incorporate many elements and ideas into the project to try and hit all points. However, if I better understood the criteria and rubric, I could’ve taken less time and been more concise with my answers. Earlier today in class we discussed the rubric which allowed us to be more efficient with our planning and ultimately better comprehend the prompt.
Summary: Today in class we went over the rubric for the argumentative essay of the ap exam.
Reflection: After looking at the rubric carefully and underlining parts we need to emphasize, we practiced generating our own ideas and planning for an essay. Practicing and planning is a crucial part in preparing for the ap exam as speeding up prep time means more writing time.
Comments
Post a Comment