Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt: The approach I usually take is looking at the rubric as I complete the assignment. The rubric is an excellent tool to map out preparing to write the argumentative essay. It details the exact points needed for a sturdy claim, supporting evidence, and concrete reasoning. In addition, it also gives examples for what qualifies as adequate in all categories and inadequate as well. I could use the roadmap to increase my planning efficiency and to understand what things I need to do to get the points and get going.
Summary: In class today we practiced brainstorming evidence for an argumentative essay
Reflection: In combination with the ideas we came up with on Monday, we finished brainstorming evidence for the reasons to support our claim. this will be helpful on the Ap Exam to practice quickly coming up with strong ideas.
Comments
Post a Comment