After reviewing and scoring other AP Language argument essays, identify two important takeaways that you can apply to your own writing. Explain what you learned about claims, evidence, commentary, the “so what?” explanation, or the AP rubric. Use specific observations from the essays you reviewed. Write one complete paragraph.
Prompt: After reviewing and scoring other Ap Lang essays, One important takeaway I can apply is picking a topic that I have extensive knowledge, experience and understanding about. By picking a topic that I have a high level of familiarity with, it is easier to come up with readings, experiences, etc. to write about. Another important takeway I learned is that the structure of the essay can shift and change depending on how one presents their argument. I learned how commentary is very integral to the essay; it shows depth and makes it easy for the reader to understand your way of thinking. In addition, evidence provides the reader with specific accounts of your topic, but commentary is necessary to link evidence to claims and other ideas.
Summary: In class to day we reviewed previous essays and graded them
Reflection: We worked on reviewing and grading essays other AP Lang students had written. This will be useful on the Ap exam to understand how to earn the points for the respective sections and move on.
Comments
Post a Comment