Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt: One time I was explaining to someone that by definition, a hotdog is a sandwich. When I said this they responded with a how do you know adjacent and I responded with the Miriam Webster definition of a sandwich. This definition included a split bun which a hotdog is, making it a sandwich. Evidence alone doesn't prove your point. By explaining your evidence you make it harder to refute and by doing so you make your claim(s) stronger.
Summary: Today we had a class reading and discussion on whether killing is even good.
Reflection: Our class dissucssion on whether killing is a good thing will be helpful on the AP exam. By listening to multiple perspectives and thinking about my readings I can practice and begin to form claims with supporting evidence.
Comments
Post a Comment