How has living in or around Atlanta influenced the way you see your community, culture, or identity? If you were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, what would you want them to understand about your community?

 Living is Atlanta has influenced the way I see my community by drawing attention to the diversity we have here. Our country as a whole is a melting pot of people of different religions, cultures, sexual orientations, etc. I think it's important to note that Atlanta as a whole has so many areas with high concentrations of people that fall into all groups. If I were speaking to someone unfamiliar with Atlanta, I would want them to understand that in Atlanta, anyone can find their people if you know where to look. The city is very accepting and I would wan them to be a part of that.

Summary: In class we learned about how Keisha Lance Bottoms used pathos in her speech about protesting and riots in Atlanta

Reflection: I can learn from Keisha Lance Bottoms use of pathos. I could use pathos to target my audience's emotions to make my arguments more compelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe a time you felt lost

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.