As you grow older and face new experiences, what issue or topic do you think you'll have to stand up and debate most often, whether with friends, family, or society?


Prompt: As I grow older and face new experiences, I think the main topic/issue I'll have to discuss and debate the most often is regarding politics. More specifically, politics and the current presidency is such a prominent topic in America no matter what time of year or what's going on in the world. As I grow up, I will begin voting and I will need to have a more complete understanding of the parties, goals and statements to make informed decisions about voting. American society as a whole puts such emphasis on political alignment because many use it as a way to determine who they agree with or might want to steer clear from. As for debating, politics are also the most common subject of debate and as I age I might get into or will see more debates regarding political alignment and why or why not someone supports a specific person/party.

Summary: In class today we took notes on argument and how ethos pathos and logos can be used to argue more effectively(rhetoric).

Reflection: I learned about how ethos isn't necessarily just a person with qualifications listed, some might just be qualified simply be their career/ position. This can be helpful when writing and proving credibility as I can utilize a person's position to increase their credibility to boost ethos. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Write about something you’ve always been curious about.

Describe a time you felt lost

Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.